Policy makers, gender advisors and public health specialists from world-leading organisations, have signed up to be part of the Independent Advisory Board for the What Works programme.
The Advisory Board will provide independent quality assurance and advise on best-practice approaches to prevention work. The Board members, who come from a range of disciplinary areas, will connect projects to other work happening in the spheres of economic, public health, legal and community perspectives on preventing VAWG around the world.
Members of the Independent Advisory Board include:
- Claudia Garcia-Moreno, Lead Specialist on Gender-based Violence, World Health Organization (Chair);
- Professor Yemane Berhane, Department of Community Health Faculty of Medicine, Addis Ababa University
- Riet Groenen, Chief of the Ending Violence Against Women section, UN Women;
- Richard Horton, Editor of The Lancet
- Sapana Pradhan Malla, Forum for Women, Law and Development and gender advisor to the Nepalese Government
- Mendy Marsh, Child Protection Specialist, UNICEF
- Tina Masiya, Executive Director of the Center for Domestic Violence Prevention and Chair of the GBV Prevention Network
- Jennifer McCleary Sills, Gender-based Violence Specialist, World Bank
The International Advisory Board will hold its first meeting from December 9-10, 2014.